View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 08:33 AM   #1174
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well let's lead them back. Once the second section is brainwashed, then we'll be ready to arm everyone and prepare to take the ship.
You make it back to the security quarters while Daymar is still brainwashing the second section. Sargent Pookivo has men pointing guns at you as you enter, but then relaxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Stealth:
3d6 <= 19
4 + 4 + 6 = 14 ... success.
It wouldn't have happened without fuzzing herself to near-invisibility, but Pacifica makes it to the officer's quarters without being spotted, following behind the guards.

Which officer will they contact to first? The subverted officers are:
  • Lieutenant Jokuchi, Lasers 2nd mate
  • Lieutenant Chojo, Shields 1st mate
  • Lieutenant Jivithi, Motive 2nd mate
  • Lieutenant Vibibu, Life Support 2nd mate
  • Lieutenant Nichapu, Missiles 1st mate
  • Lieutenant Vinobi, Navigation 2nd mate
What will you tell them, and what will you do afterwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Here are my brainwashing rolls, I'd like to apply Luck to the second roll (critical failure).

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism La Quinta Republica), All-Out Concentrate

So, Daymar has a critical failure corrected by Luck, and a normal failure on the 22nd guard. The 6th and 7th guards are narrow successes, by 1, so reasonable odds that they will resist. He will warn Sargent, "My process is not perfect, you may need to restrain anyone it fails on, although as you know they've been trained to act as though it worked. Keep an eye out for anyone trying to sneak off."

You have at least one failure... but you don't know who it is.

One man starts up and looks at Daymar as Daymar is touching him to effect his mind. "Huh?"

this is generally a bad sign.

The Sargent nods. "We've played this game before... on the other side, but its a familiar game. You will want to minimize your contact with us and stay on high alert. The one thing we don't want is for them to reveal themselves by shooting you in the back. We'll catch them, but you are not replaceable in this mission."

What's the plan for waking up the sleepers?

Hua has returned with the prisoners.

Are you waiting for Pacifica to return with/from the officers, or will you be moving to the next step?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote