View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 12:33 PM   #980
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is going to try to push the drive repairs back. During his shift, he's going to try to identify a crewman working on the repairs and use the Independent Suggestion technique to provide the worker some instructions on how to damage the drive.
The crewman he targets in the hall is an engineer on the hyper core. The largest and quickest movements of the core are over, so large movement sabotage won't work, and the parts aren't moving yet, but they are exposed, and some of them are delicate. The mechanic will try to scratch some of the more sensitive parts with a screwdriver, requiring the parts to be painstakingly repaired.

Daymar is not around to see how things fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Yes, my suggestion is to work with an infiltrate. We could take three approaches; (1) You could pick a man you trust (albeit qualified to work in the hyperdrive section) and send him “sabotage” the hyperdrive. You can feed the ship with rumors and let the rumors build rep for him. (2) You could free one of the prisoners and tail him. (3) You could break a deal with one of the prisoners and turn him into an infiltrate or use him as bait. I could help you checking the profiles and pick the most suitable crewman.
"Infiltration..." Zybo muses... "Your ideas all seem to rely on the dreadstormers making contact with their allies. So far, it seems that they avoid doing that. How could we make contact happen?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Maybe I could do a mechanic roll with the confuse roll to cause a forklift to breakdown at some critical time, like with locks in the armory.
Confuse would work. Knocking that out requires Per-based freight handling at -2 to pick out the correct time. I also need to know your range, and you need to make the roll: you get -1 to skill per yard away you are.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote