View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 10:07 AM   #976
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I forgot to say anything about the roll I made earlier. I'd like to get a feel for how well the drive repairs are going.

Would it be possible to mess up the drive repairs clandestinely? Perhaps by messing with a forklift so it would drop one of the discs?

And I forgot to address it as well.

You can mess with the forklifts if you want, but targeting a breakdown to effect a specific delicate piece of machinery is going to require more than a simple mechanics roll. You can cause general forklift issues: how many do you want to cause, and how long of a repair time do you want? Your orders include getting this ship into battle after you take it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Once Pacifica is dimissed (done talking to Vinobi), she gets to work and carries on as usual, then she goes to Zybo.

Sir, how may I help you?

Zybo: "Are we wrapping up on all of the logistics reports? I suppose we are."*

Zybo: "We suspect that the dreadstormers are trying to sabotage the repair of the hyperdrive core. We're trying to come up with anti-sabotage measures. Could you come up with a few ideas for me?"

*OCC: administration job roll succeeded by 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is going to try to push the drive repairs back. During his shift, he's going to try to identify a crewman working on the repairs and use the Independent Suggestion technique to provide the worker some instructions on how to damage the drive.

Here is a Mechanic (Stardrive) roll to determine the best suggestion to give to the crewman in question.

[653] 21-09-30 23:48:35 CEST

Mechanic (Stardrive)

3d6 <= 14
1 + 6 + 2 = 9 ... success

He will spend 5 FP to use the technique (2 base + 3 to reduce the skill penalty):

[654] 21-09-30 23:50:07 CEST

Suggestion (Independent)

3d6 <= 16
6 + 2 + 5 = 13 ... success

It will only last minutes equal to my margin of success (so it will also depend how well the crewman passes or fails his Will roll).

the crew member rolls a 16... he has eight minutes to pull off his sabotage.

Will you be passing them in the hall or will you be giving the command from the engineering floor surrounding the hyperspace core?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote