View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 02:10 AM   #22
David Johnston2

Default Re: I'm starting to hate THE WITCHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
Hi Folks,
As I watch Season 1 yet again so I can have continuity between season 1 and season 2 - I started to pay more attention as a GM watching a movie instead of just enjoying it.

Watching the Witcher knock back the Striga some at least 4 to 6 yards down a hall way made me think of the spell he was using as some sort of telekinetic blow or as a spell that inflicts double knock back damage. The thing is, the Striga seems to have supernatural strength, which means that a knockback type effect would have be something pretty horrendous to do it. Call it ST 16 just for giggles, we'd have to do 14 points of damage to knock it back 1 hex. To knock it back 4 to 6 hexes, we'd have to do 4 x 14/2 or 28 points of knockback (doubled) or up as much as 42 points.

Worst case scenario, we'd have to do 42 points, which is an average of 12 dice of damage. WOWSA.

Now I'm going to be paying more attention to portraying THE WITCHER with GURPS than I will be watching the first season.

CURSE YOU GURPS!

;)
Strength which is disproportionate to mass can be bought as not affecting knockback distance.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote