View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 12:46 PM   #74
TGLS

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

The colonel readily agrees to the request, saying its the ideal moment for an insertion. He doesn't have more than two days for this, and he'd prefer it was only one.

Halcyone looks over the documents: this requires a Memetics roll, and tries to figure out who is a potential threat, and who is probably Ernest.
And here's me thinking Ernest would be next to "NAME:"
Quote:
[21] 21-07-21 18:44:41 BST
Memetics
3d6 <= 15
3 + 4 + 2 = 9 ... success

Quote:
Halcyone is given a short set of false documents that are really close to her cover, and is inserted as a potential staff officer. They are all kept waiting in a room to be called to a short introductory interview.

As they sit there, they chat about their homes, about their units, and about the war. One young man regrets that he won't be able to shoot at the patricians anymore. Another reassures him that they're doing more good here, keeping all of the men well fed. Or at least better fed than otherwise. Which leads to complaints about army food.
I'll share my story, and also mention that I did bring some food in case the food here was awful too.
Quote:
[22] 21-07-21 19:37:50 BST
Acting
3d6 <= 15
5 + 5 + 6 = 16 ... failure
Uh-oh... 80 posts before 1 DP refills, right? This one was unprompted so I don't know if it's fatal or not, but would spend the point if it is.

Quote:
At least two of the group of 21 make romantic passes at Halyone. One of them is in the "certainly not a traitor" category, and she quickly verifies that the other isn't as well. After the interviews are done, a colonel (not the first one) comes out and congratulates each of the staff officers on being chosen as capable young planners, says he will be their commanding officer for their training period. A short and restrictive list of rules about security is read off: essentially, staff officers are not to talk about their work at all, and are to be back in the barracks an hour after sundown. The Colonel assures them that with all of the work they have to do, they won't have much time to wander off anyways.

Halcyone tries to make good graces with the canidates who may be suspicious. Four of them she suspects aren't loyal to the cause, and could be flipped... but probably aren't current threats. One of them, one of the few other women... could be a current spy, or could just be the perfect staff officer. Halcyone can't tell yet. The potential spy doesn't warm up to Halcyone's attempts to be freindly, maintaining distance. The four potential sympathizers are a little easier to strike up a repoire with.

Will Halcyone focus on the potential sympathizers or the potential spy?
I'll focus on the potential spy; the potential sympathizers can be checked into later and possibly just shunted off to less sensitive tasks (I get that all the tasks are sensitive, but surely some are less sensitive than others).
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote