View Single Post
Old 08-26-2022, 06:40 PM   #9
EonMon

Default Re: How to Make My Idea For a Support-Based Super Power?

Quote:
Hey, man. Send me your dets via PM and if I get a spot we can chat. :-)
That's so generous of you! Thank you so much for the offer. I will definitely take you up on it~ :)

Quote:
They really are. I was always the cleric or paladin when I played DnD because I could soup up my fellow players to be awesome or heal them so they could be more awesome.
My one and only D&D character was a sad Dwarven Forge cleric who was the only person who voted against making him the party leader since the group was so smitten with him, haha. I loved that boy and his slow descent from Lawful Good to Chaotic Evil...

Quote:
It's got 6 years of actual playtesting behind it too so it's been tweaked and evolved a bit as I've gone. Been in it's current state for about 2-3 years.
It looks like it. All of the specifics are so... specific. It has the feel of something that's been run through more than a couple challenges, lol

Quote:
Nah, using Thaumatology: Sorcery as a guide you want Variable Enhancement, this exact modifier: "Variable Enhancement, Any 1-point trait, Margin-Based, +300%" means that for every point you succeed on a skill role, probably your attack role to hit, you grant your target a single point worth of Advantages.

Sorry, I've been having some similar thoughts along these lines, wanting to work out a Cheerleader support class for DF, and have been doing some research.
I really ought to get the Thaumatology books. Unfortunately, I don't have them yet. I don't have any reference to how they play but from what little I could find on Google (to be fair I really didn't search too much), this seems like it's doing something similar to what I want. Though, again, I don't have any of the Thaumatology books so I would probably skip out on this. Thank you for the suggestion though! I hope the support class ends up working well at the table :)
EonMon is offline   Reply With Quote