View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 07:30 PM   #7
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: How to Make My Idea For a Support-Based Super Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EonMon View Post
Ah! I'm so jealous! The post I mentioned at the start of the thread was actually a looking for game post that I was unfortunately too late to respond to. I'll have to keep my eye out for another supers game at some point in the future. All of this theory crafting has me wanting to actually play this character in a real campaign now lol
Hey, man. Send me your dets via PM and if I get a spot we can chat. :-)

Quote:
Support characters are just too fun. I love being able to pump up another member of the party and watch them feel badass as their character does something cool with my help :)
They really are. I was always the cleric or paladin when I played DnD because I could soup up my fellow players to be awesome or heal them so they could be more awesome.

Quote:
This one is pretty perfect. I really like what you've listed out here. Since making the thread, my idea of what exactly I want to do with this character's Power has changed but this is exactly what I wanted to do originally. I think it's a much more elegant solution than Affliction and Modular Abilities, too.
It's got 6 years of actual playtesting behind it too so it's been tweaked and evolved a bit as I've gone. Been in it's current state for about 2-3 years.

Quote:
Beautiful. I haven't read this yet but I love deep dives and deconstructions of game mechanics like that so I will definitely commit to reading that when I get the chance. Thanks for the link!
No worries. :-)

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote