View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 12:17 PM   #10
Rupert

Default Re: [Tactical Shooting] Breaking the rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
That being said, DX 30 and 4 points in Guns is a horrible way to make a tactical shooter, at least in terms of point efficiency. For the cost of a couple of levels of DX, you can get the right Perks and Techniques to remove most of the penalties for your favorite ways to shoot people. And, yeah, that can include Ambidexterity and Off-Hand Weapon Training for guns akimbo guy, even in a realistic campaign, but it's just a lot more effective, I've found, to use the points for realistic Techniques like Fast-Firing, Quick-Shot and Targeted Attack (Guns (Pistol and/or Longarm)/Face, Skull or Vitals).
Or just buy Guns-32 and DX20 (which is plenty of just about anything), save 160 points to buy lots of supporting skills (many of which aren't DX based) and advantages. My SF game has people with Guns-28-32 in it, and they don't need techniques, and in fact have ignored them in favour of just being better at everything.
Quote:
Generally, I've found that being able to see when no one else can is pretty much an "I Win" button against anything that isn't an awesomely powerful supernatural horror of some sort.
Which is why having night vision of some sort and fighting in the dark is a popular move.

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is online now   Reply With Quote