View Single Post
Old 04-25-2019, 10:28 AM   #3
kdtipa

Default Re: [Tactical Shooting] Breaking the rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterAndWindSpirit View Post
How would outright superhuman powers would interact with tactical shooting? Would a DX 30 with 4 points in Guns able to wield guns akimbo just by virtue of having a high enough DX to eat the penalties? What kind of Tactical Shooting rules could be broken with superhuman abilities, either explicitly or by being able to eat penalties that would make them bad ideas for even an exceptional human?
I'm not familiar with the Tactical Shooting rules, but I am very familiar with the super human rules... and I've run campaigns that were bad designs from the get go because of immensely high point totals... and that's why I'm writing here.

Lots of the rules go wonky when you apply huge amounts of points. The first thing I thought when I read your question was: "this sounds like a recipe for a rough time GMing". I don't think I would ever run a campaign where a DX of 30 was a possibility. It just breaks the balance too much.

Basic Speed around 10.00? Higher with some points in HT or directly raising Basic Speed. Dodge at a level that means succeeding almost all the time. Every single DX based skill they spend 1 point in is at a level that ruins normal modifiers. Parry skills start with a Parry around 18.

It really just sounds like a nightmare to have to run that campaign, and come up with reasonable challenges. And it might be that challenging the characters requires essentially turning the game into GM vs Players instead of a collaboration.

So, my answer to how super humans (really high point characters) would interact with Tactical Shooting? I'd say it breaks balance immediately and makes things hard for the GM.
kdtipa is offline   Reply With Quote