View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #170
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaran_skye View Post
That's why they're going to pay me the big bucks...lol Seriously, though, I've taken classes in interface design and that idea just seemed more "sane".
The thing is, though, all the options to the right really don't need to be printed. They either modify systems or generate notes which appear in the regular portion of the ship sheet. The side-scrolling is a little annoying, but not too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciaran_skye View Post
To me the bottom ship was a waste of space because I save a file per ship (bytes are cheap) so organizing to better utilize it on an 8.5x11" or A4 page makes sense.
To me, having two ships on one page was a much better use of page space. Most ships don't have enough weapons, habitats, and notes to take up a half of a page, and for those ships that do I added the capability of hiding either ship for printing.

Also, my original intention (which still holds) is to be able to copy the Design Table within the spreadsheet so you can keep all your ships for a single campaign in one file. This doesn't really save much space, but does allow you to set up a single set of campaign options and easily change them for all your ships.

Actually, since I'm looking at doing a serious revamp of the sheet I would like any suggestions on how to improve the interface or changes that would help (such as changing how options are applied).
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote