View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 10:22 PM   #31
naloth

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031
Baseline Atlanteans, according to OHOTMUDE #1, publication date Aug 85 (cover date Dec 85), in the entries for Andromeda (p. 12), Attuma (p. 44), and the Atlanteans themselves (pp. 38-9), can bench press 4 tons
Both of them (as well as Namor and Namorita) are super-powered. Rank and file guys seem to be stronger than normals but get beat up by Daredevil (at least on land).

Quote:
As for the fish bowl, that's kinda cheesy, but true. That's mostly covered by the Aquatic feature, though.
No, it's not. At worse they are Amphibious w/gills as a feature. Otherwise the should suffer the same penalties on land that we suffer in water.

Quote:
Their Marvel Universe technology is based off that of the Deviants, who I've removed from the world in the process of the Reboot. Reading through the OHOTMUDE entry, I discovered that their TL without this technology, even in the present-day MU, seems to be close to the Stone Age. (A lack of portable file does make a difference, it seems.)
They use spear guns, tridents, fishbowls that self-filtrate, energy weapons, and assault vehicles. They domesticate large animals, manage large populations, and seem to be able to build air/water tight structures. No era that I can think of doesn't have them using weird tech.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote