View Single Post
Old 03-04-2015, 09:19 AM   #18
chandley

Default Re: [SUPERS] My Unofficial Handbook to the DC Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
Batman isn't among the strongest humans in the DCU, though his strength is greater than average. An ST in the 16-18 range seems about right for him, IMO. It's his ST + DX + HT + Advantages that gives him his edge. I'd be willing to give him additional Striking ST, though; he hits harder than his body ST would indicate. Striking ST +1 (ST 17) isn't going to do much; I'd put his Striking ST at 20+.
I like that argument. Lifting ST in the 16 range, Striking ST much higher. That feels right.

Quote:
As for his gear, he has from time to time employed others to make gear for him or adapt technology from WayneTech's R&D department. And with today's rapid prototyping/3D printers, he can make parts faster than he could by hand. Maybe Fast Gadgeteer (Accessibility: Only When Adapting Others' Technology); he's not making new stuff from scratch, just using it in other manners.
Ill admit, most of my Batman is cross over stuff, so I wont press the point too hard. He really ISNT Reed Richards, so an accessibility or even takes extra time (to get Fast Gadgeteer back to hours and days instead of seconds and minutes) could work.