View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 07:05 AM   #1
Prince Charon

Default [Martial Arts, Vehicles] Cinematic Driving rules

I put this under Martial Arts because the more extreme driving tricks in movies, TV, and particularly anime seem to fit best as the vehicular equivalents of Cinematic skills and techniques. The Dukes of Hazzard is actually a mild example, since in real life they did the stunts (largely jumps, sometimes shots of the same jump in multiple episodes), but often had to replace the cars afterwards, which the in-story Duke Boys would not have been able to afford (and it would not have fit the story). Some anime car stunts are insane, like (in an episode of City Hunter, though I'm not sure which one) two cars in a chase driving down a large spiral staircase around a fuel or water tank by hooking the wheels on one side over the rails and leaving the other two in the air.

What's the equivalent of Weapon Master for cars, though? I mean, it could just be 'Weapon Master (Automobile),' but that seems like the intellectually-lazy option.

What skills and techniques would these be (and how do we stat them out)?

Any interest in creating Martial Arts Driving styles (I have vague thoughts of Autodueling as one or more styles, some more cinematic than others)?

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote