View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 01:43 PM   #6
Arith Winterfell

Default Re: [Sci-fi] [Psionics] A somewhat different telepathy

Thanks for the suggestions so far. It's been helpful!

I actually own several of the Psi books (Psionic Powers, Psis, Psi Campaigns, and some others). I'm just now going over the rules again in some of the books.

Now one thing I'm debating though is, Is this too complex of a setup to be fun for players?

Another question I'm debating is how to play psionics in the campaign. I've been initially thinking about psionics as a result of the mind manipulating forces that were previously unknown. The existence and access to those forces has only been recently (with in a few generations) learned of from precursor technology which uses telepathy as its form of communication, and to facilitate that activates certain genes in those who attempt to use the tech found in ruins along with infecting them with helpful biotech nanites (partly for gene activation, partly for better accessing forces these precursors used). Using this tech requires certain genes and so only some people get the benefits if they interact with the tech in the ruins.

Though alternatively I've pondered eschewing a technical explanation for a mysticism type approach, but I remain torn as that's been done a lot already with Dune and Star Wars.
Arith Winterfell is offline   Reply With Quote