View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 03:58 PM   #17
Sorenant

Default Re: [MH] Inhuman Templates: Yōkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice View Post
I wanted mine to do damage. :-)
And a pretty mean one, I see!
I probably should have asked in my last reply, but I have a few questions regarding its construction: What's the "Affect Substantial, Selective" enhancement? Are Innate Attacks meant for Insubstantial targets by default in your campaign? Also, shouldn't Mobile 1 cost +40% instead of +50%?

Quote:
From my campaign. It's the typical inhuman thing where the monster has crazy good senses.
Why multiple Acute (Senses) instead of Perception? To avoid affecting Per-based skills?
Interesting to see Parabolic Hearing in the meta-trait because I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I were never quite able to "get" the advantage. I looked up old thread but none has been very convincing. I've considered reducing its cost to [3] and allow one to double the bonus by taking Aim maneuver, like Telescopic Vision, but for now I'm just ignoring it as always. Do you have any houserule for it?

Quote:
Extrinsic Magery is a flavor of RPM I made for the campaign. It uses Effect Shaping as its base and mucks with Greater Effects by having them inflict FP penalties instead of multiplying energy. Intrinsic magic is essentially inborn or racial magic with the Magical modifier but also includes stuff like imbuements, chi skills, etc.
Nice idea. I tend to only use Power based magic but if I ever decide to include others I might integrate it like this.
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote