View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 10:40 PM   #162
Polydamas

Default Re: United States Joint Special Operations Command and Vile Vortices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Can anyone savvy in converting the huge and imprecise world map seen in pictures like this tell me approximately how far the edges of the area should be from the ruins of the Mohenjo-daro in Pakistan if we were to assume that it was the center?

And where would I find the closest areas where US Special Operations Forces (SOF) might have operated extensively in during the past two decades?

Are there any places in Afghanistan that have seen a lot of fighting and are near any archeological remains of the Harappan / Indus Valley Civilization / Rama Empire?
You can look up the latitude and longitude of those sites yourself in an atlas or Wikipedia and do your best to figure out what the latitude is supposed to be. I suspect that it won't be as tidy as in Ivan Sanderson's map, so the only logical conclusion is that the Vile Vortices are governed by cosmic geography that mostly but not quite maps onto ours! The Facade causes us fun-ruiners to see a false shadow-geography where things do not quite work not the true cosmic geography where all is as beautiful and harmonious as a rapier rotating from a close tierce to an extended quarte. Coincidentally, that gives the GM some room to fudge the size and shape of each vortex in the direction of cool.

Once you have the 'ideal' numbers for the three corners of the Indus Vortex, plug them into an online tool like Stepmap, enclose the area, post the map, and you might get more specific advice on which way it needs to be twisted and what sites are inside.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote