View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 11:11 AM   #4
DaltonS

Default Re: [Query] Turley Starport Size

Quote:
Average traffic for a port will be three times the minimum for that port size. For instance, the average port of size 5 will handle 15,000 passengers per year.
This would make the estimated DSS capacities exactly average for a port size 5. Thing is all of Turley's transient J-2 traffic has to filter through them. Turley would have in-system traffic which Deep Space Stations don't have but that would mainly be supplying fuel to the stations on either side in the Saeghvung-Turley-Exile Run through Jump Tankers. (I designed one that could provide one-third of a station's weekly needs but it would require 2 tons of fuel for the J-2 jumps there and back again for every 1.4 tons delivered.) Note that Turley has to supply three times the fuel supply needs of the transient traffic; once for itself and twice for the neighboring stations. It's very likely that tanker traffic would exceed transient traffic by a significant margin. (I haven't worked it out yet because frankly the numbers scare me. ;) )
Dalton “good thing Turley has plenty of water” Spence
DaltonS is offline   Reply With Quote