View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 12:43 AM   #4
swordtart

Default Re: 43's Truck Stop: When Designs Go South...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
Not too silly -- if the compact weight over 4,000 lbs., it inflicts full damage in rams.
Guilty - I am conflating sub-compacts.

I think I had lost the plot by that point after trying spinal mounts, uplifting the chassis to midsize and playing tunes on the whole design.

I think the bottom line for me is that pre-generated designs are for NPC use or rare games where the the players are given no choice about the vehicles they are given (am night, trying to replace a convoy vehicle at 3am in a none horse town etc.). In that case you may as well just use the design as written and accept that sometimes luck is for you and sometimes it is against you.

Once you change anything it is no longer that design and you'll be tempted to add things that were never there (htms are a good default). So neither of our designs is a "Popcart" they are just custom compacts that share some design criteria (but given that criteria was fit a big gun in a compact, it's hardly exacting).

In games where they players were given no choice of vehicle, it was ME who gave them the bogus design (just like I gave them that +3 weapon that they hadn't really earned that time). If they got to choose it, I gave them the option so it still isn't "not fair".

As we have proven you can design an as-good (or given the space capacity in budget and space we both ended up with arguably better) without breaking the rules, is this rule breaker at a real advantage?

So, you can you fit a BC into a compact?No Sir, they won't fit (unless you go spinal).
Can you buy a compact off the lot that happens to have a BC mounted? Actually, yes you can, it was a limited edition but they don't make it anymore.
BUT if that BC gets shot to hell, just remember that they don't make them any more and the BC's you can get these days won't fit. Neither can you move that "custom" BC to another facing (they moved a bulkhead to fit it in). Oh and that gas plant. Yeah, they don't make that anymore either. The newer ones are more compact but heavier.

With the joy of owning an "illegal" comes pain. You might apply a 10% surcharge to any repairs to reflect having to hand fettle bits to fit (every component carries the reto-fit surcharge)

So if you want a stock "Popcart" you can buy one, but don't expect a warranty ;)
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote