View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #13
kotya

Default Re: Cleric and hoard daisy-chaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
Yes, I've made the same mistake in the past by misreading that FAQ entry myself.
Actually, I wouldn't call it "misreading". It's written that if I need to choose between the cards, I couldn't play Hoard! until I choose it. If I draw treasure for me and my helper, I need to choose which cards I want to keep and which ones go to the helper. So it conforms to this entry and would be applied there. In FAQ itself, It is not mentioned that this entry is related to Bardic Luck only (thanks Andrew - now I've got it), so I think the FAQ needs to be updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
As for why you have the separate stack of discards, that's because all such card effects have been ruled to be handled that way on the forums. If you take Cleric literally, then you could draw cards from the discards and then discard the cards you just drew as payment, but that is not allowed as the cards are not yet deemed to have entered your hand until the card resolves either, in the same way that the cards you discard don't enter the discard pile until the card resolves.
That's right. I wanted to emphasize that in the steps you've provided, the "draws cards" step should go first, then "discards as payment" step.
kotya is offline   Reply With Quote