View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 10:05 PM   #25
4rc4num

Default Re: [RPM] Some questions about Path of Magic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I think "resists any appropriate creature that tries to harm the subject in any way or that tries to cross (or attack across) the barrier of an area-effect ward" pretty clearly applies to any attack across the ward. Also if it didn't apply, then it would be nigh useless in the sort of urban fantasy RPM was made for because demons/vampires/angels/whatever would just carry firearms.
I dont like this interpretation.

To me, saying that a Lesser Control Spirit ward can block all conjured rituals by a demon is the same to say that a Lesser Control Body ward can block all magic conjured by a mage.

Path of Spirit clearly says that Spirit mimic Life and Mind effects against beings that mind and body are the same and no one use Life or Mind to ward against a fireball.

My vote goes to Spirit Ward cant block Rituals conjured by Spirits. But a Path of Spirit Ritual can cast a mind effect against the demon to make it stop casting spells.

At least, I need to agree that the text is clear about "harm the subject in any way", but I want to see PK answer about this point.

Last edited by 4rc4num; 04-27-2017 at 10:16 PM.
4rc4num is offline   Reply With Quote