View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #22
calmquist

Default Re: [RPM] Some questions about Path of Magic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
That might be an aspect covered in a demonic power modifier?

Also for full consideration reasons how do the various GURPS magic "rain of" spells interact? Are they cast above a ward?

Edit
Also the various "explosive" missile spells, I would presume they fizzle or detonate on contact with the ward.
I would consider susceptibility to demon wards a drawback of a demonic power modifier.

I think that ward's ability to protect against "rain of" spells and magic effects with the overhead enhancement would depend on the nature of the ward. If the ward is defined as a wall, overhead effects could avoid the ward entirely. If the ward is defined as a dome or a sphere, it should still block overhead effects.

If the ward blocks missile spells, it could block explosions. The explosive effects are tricky. Assuming a ward can block missile spells but not mundane effects, I would expect it to block fire from an explosive fireball. I would not expect it to block mundane rocks, dirt or air. A careful ritual could create an explosion that is entirely mundane.

Last edited by calmquist; 04-27-2017 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Answer demonic power modifier question
calmquist is offline   Reply With Quote