View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 11:03 AM   #25
Magic_Octopus

Default Re: Noršlond questions

Thanks guys, you have given me food for thought. I had a discussion with the player, and we both agreed that Fanaticism is difficult to pull of with that deity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evileeyore View Post
I'm not sure Fanaticism should be allowed on a devotee of the Lady of Life... but I leave that for the big boss...

For now...

Well let's take a look at her 'tenets':

Renewal, healing, youth, springtime, preservation.

Her followers are described as the least warlike.

So to me, this paints the picture of a Fanatic devotee seeking the non-violent path first. Healing even enemies if they are ones who can be converted to friends, or at least "not enemies today". Making peace, rather than seeking to crush a foe. Renewal suggest they prefer to build up, not tear down - unless the old edifice has a purely bad foundation, but even then they will be there for the rebuild.
I think you are right, and it is likely that we'll figure out another disadvantage or a way to deal with those 15 points. Using it with Lady of Life would pretty much force the player and likely the whole group to discard a lot of the DF mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balor Patch View Post
I think Fanaticism is the disadvantage of loyalty to an organization. A fanatic priest in Noršlond will know that the will of the gods is known to their superiors and will follow their guidance without question.

A fanatic of a specific Aesir is an interesting question because my understanding is that there are no separate hierarchies for individual gods.
This is a very handy way of looking at it. Thanks!
Magic_Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote