View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 06:22 PM   #3
deanjday

Default Re: The World of Solem

The Mother

The beloved god of life who in partnership with the Creator populated his empty world with life. Plants, animals and peoples she bought whole into being and for this she is ever loved. Seen as the "mother" who birthed us all, she used to be the most widely venerated god o, but this has slowly changed as the church of the silver flame became hugely popular.
Her own religious order the Druids of the old faith has seen its influence wane, especially in the city states where the church now holds sway.
This has created a dangerous rivalry between the old faith and the church of the silver flame, a rivalry Darkfriends are only to ready to exploit.
Her true name is said to be Gaia, and Druids of the old faith say that calling out her true name in the need of nature will always elicit and kind and needed response.

Behind the Curtain
Setting up both my Druid order and the most important most powerful god of nature, not much lower than the Creator in overall power.
Also setting up a nice conflict between rural life and urban city life with the rivalry between the church of the silver flame and the old faith, one of Professor Tolkien's main themes of nature vs industrialism. This is a theme i aim to build into my Elven-Dwarven conflicts as well.
The reference to Darkfriends is directly stolen from the wheel of time and will be used heavily as i introduce many secret cults with Lovecraftian and Warhammer influences corrupting the Men of the world.

Last edited by deanjday; 02-13-2021 at 03:51 AM.
deanjday is offline   Reply With Quote