Thread: FnordCon 2
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2020, 09:33 PM   #14
Tom H.

Default Re: FnordCon 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobW View Post
Is there any record of the convention available for those who weren't invited?
The discord invite is expired and apparently there might have been some Q&A around TFT I'd be interested in.
I got an answer to a question I asked that was partly motivated by your article "Indefensible Behavior, or, What Do You Mean I Can’t Defend Now?" from Hexagram 3.

My question:
There has been some confusion on the forums regarding changing your option. There are options for engaged figures and options for disengaged figures. Must you commit to one of those categories when your turn to move comes, or can you wait until your action to see if you are engaged at that point or not?

The consensus answer including Steve Jackson's opinion (my paraphrase):
You really can wait to make changes at anytime so long as you didn't already do something that would invalidate the consistency of your final action or option.

Steve had really thought that he had but that issue to rest already.

Now, I had already suspected this to be the case mainly from some people on the forums (especially Skarg).

However, when I read your article from Hexagram 3, it put some doubt back into my mind.

Here is a quote from your article:
Quote:
The options available depend upon the figure’s engagement status at the time the figure’s turn comes to move [emphasis in the original – 3 times!].
But if I understand you correctly, this doesn't seem to be true. The answer I received seemed to indicate you can even change your option later regardless of engagement if it doesn't break the option.

By the way, thanks for contributing your article to the zine.

~~~

There were several other TFT questions about upcoming products and plans but most of that can already be gleaned from The Fantasy Trip News.

Last edited by Tom H.; 04-20-2020 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Punctuation
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote