View Single Post
Old 03-18-2022, 02:54 PM   #1226
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
So, what’s a Siren, why is she bioluminescent, and how does she manage to adventure / fight in lingerie? :-D
Well, in Borderlands Lore, Sirens are a tiny group of women with extensive supernatural powers. When they get their powers, they develop a series of marks/tattoos on their body. Those marks glow when they use their powers.

I picked up that outfit for the jacket/shoulderpads, gloves, goggles, and guns. When I saw how much skin was actually visible, I figured I might try to add a bunch of glowing tattoos, because it would look striking . . . and then Watson came from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
P.S. I love your posts. I wish I had the time (and graphics card!) to get into DAZ.
Yeah, I just spent $1,600 on a 12gb 3080. Which has better than halved my render times.

You don't need a high-end video card to do the rendering, if you're fine with it taking a while. I am both lazy and impatient. My 2080S was just too slow for me on some of my more ambitious renders. That's not to say it couldn't have done them, I would have just had to let them run overnight (my old World's Finest pictures usually took 8-10 hours to render, now I can do them in 2~3 with the 3080).
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote