View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 01:44 AM   #41
Steve Plambeck

Default Re: Is initiating HTH overpowered?

Having stomped a mouse in my own "hex", as well as killing one with a broom handle in my front "hex" (loooooong story not relevant to the example) I can safely attest that stomping is much easier, although the cleanup is decidedly unsettling.

It's not that hitting a smaller adversary in your own hex with a weapon is impossible, it's just that it is much harder than simply stomping with your foot. Relative size of the target and type of weapon used are both going to influence the difficulty in highly variable ways.

Just in general, if the giant is required to roll 3/DX to successfully stomp a rabbit, it should be required to roll 4/DX to hit said bunny with its weapon. The latter is less certain, but at least its shoes stay clean.

But hitting a human trapped between its legs with a weapon shouldn't be as hard as hitting the rabbit because the size difference is much less acute. Perhaps only a small DX penalty. In fact, if the human's is pinned between the giant's legs, head forwards, it might be more like swinging for a golf ball standing on a tee.

This has grown rather dark and unspeakable, so I'll just end with YMMV