View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 01:13 AM   #40
Steve Plambeck

Default Re: Is initiating HTH overpowered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
Obviously I agree because I started a thread with that as a sort of base interpretation. But several other frequent posters had other interpretations, including at least one experienced player who was absolutely convinced that RAW could only be read as saying you can run straight up to someone and jump on them, from the front, in the movement phase. So, for that person at last SJ's semi-official comments are a revision.
[raises hand and waves]

Although in my defense, I can say 5 other members of my long-time group also interpreted it the way I espoused it in my earlier posts, but they are not on the forum, I'm not in touch with any of them, nor is our primary GM still alive. On their behalves though, I supplicate the Designer's forgiveness!

("Option (o) let's you initiate HTH from a front hex," mutters the old man in his straight jacket. As the guard slips a plate of gruel under the cell door she can still hear his cackles fading in the distance as she walks away: "Option (b) must work too! Option (b) must work too! Option (b)...")