Thread: Cast out of HTH
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 05:44 PM   #22
phiwum

Default Re: Cast out of HTH

I just got it from a literal reading of the text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITL 138
However, there are limitations. A single illusion cannot split in two – this is why an illusory fighter cannot use a thrown or missile weapon. Thus, an illusion of an explosive gem or Grenade would not be possible, though an illusion spear, thrown by a real person, would be possible.
I never even considered a one-hex exception. Instead, I just applied what I thought the words explicitly said.

I always thought there were some dubious consequences. An illusion of a fire would surely have disconnected parts, because thats how fires are. In that case, your one-hex limitation has something going for it.

I thought we had discussed this somewhere on the forum, but it's hard to search for, since the forum software ignores "HTH". Here's a post by Axly discussing what happens when an illusion drops his weapon. I'd say it agrees with my interpretation, but I think that I read his post when trying to come up with my own rule clarification, so the agreement goes the other way round.

A somewhat more relevant post by Nils Lindeberg, which is about initiating HTH.

Quote:
Initiative: 5+1 vs 6, reroll tie for 1+1 vs 1 Party wins and decide to go last.
U sacrifice himself a little and initiate HTH with F, the illusion, by moving on top of him. A 2 for defense means the illusion drops his shield and weapon, both disappear promptly. (Very suspicious!)
Note that Nils just says the weapon and shield disappear, but still requires someone to succeed at the 3/IQ Disbelieve roll, unlike what Axly suggests.

(All that said, of course I agree with Lars. Illusion is one of the many, many ways that the details are left to the GM to fill in as he sees fit.)

Last edited by phiwum; 04-25-2021 at 06:14 PM.
phiwum is offline   Reply With Quote