View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 07:12 AM   #41
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: What do you want for the 35-year anniversary?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptbutton View Post
GURPS My Little Pony?
Nah, man. Actual flesh and blood pony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
what effect does it have on me whether some supplement I'm using is being used by ten other humans or a million others?
Money means a lot. If, say, 5000 people buy the same supplement as you do rather than 500, that means SJ Games gets ten times as much money. That means more funding for more and better art and maps. That means hiring on more (and, plausibly, better paid) editorial staff and grooming someone to be another Kromm, so the actual Kromm gets to spend a little more time on tango and mixing drinks and less time on work. That means more authors writing more books (since it's a more attractive financial proposition) so you get MOAR GURPS!!!1!! And if 50,000 people buy it? Even more so. It's an indirect effect, certainly, but it's real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
That'd be my wish for Year 35: A big shot of respect and commercial success for a system and creative team that really deserve it.
At the risk of expressing a view clouded by self-interest as a sometime member of that team, I quite agree. Not the kind of thing SJ Games can organize, of course, but still...

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote