View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 06:59 PM   #46
tbone

Default Re: What are some GURPS rules you didn't know or understand for a long time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge View Post
I don't think he likes it because he hates the way turn by turn combat works. He feels it doesn't make sense that it's like time stops for one player and the other can just run 6 yards while he's stuck in place watching and unable to react to that other characters action.
I can understand the feeling, but I wonder what this GM thinks the alternative should be. What RPG doesn't use some sort of turns?

Actually, I'm not sure how valid the complaint even is in GURPS. When Fighter B starts that 6-yard run, Fighter A isn't stuck in place without reacting, if Fighter A is ready for action, i.e., is taking Wait. If Fighter A isn't taking Wait, then she will indeed be stuck in place - because she's by definition busy doing something else.

Or maybe I'm missing something?

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote