View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 05:29 PM   #26
davester65

Default Re: [Spaceships] Hull size of Falcon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
I use SM +8 for two reasons: 1) that's the size at which you have a four-seat bridge (in the Falcon's case, it's Pilot (Han's seat), Co-Pilot (Chewie's seat), Astrogator (the seat behind Han's), and Comms (the seat behind Chewie's), backed up by the four-man crew Lando had on the Falcon's bridge in RotJ - those weren't just Passenger Seating); and 2) I use SM +5 for X-Wings and Y-Wings, SM +4 for the A-Wings, Delta-7s, and Eta-2s, and SM +6 for the shuttles and B-Wings. The Falcon looks more than a bit larger than the shuttles.

That said, I can see arguments for SM +7, but you have to reconcile the Falcon's four bridge stations with the fact that SM +7 gives you only three stations on the bridge.
Don't forget that if the ship has an engine room that adds another control station, so an SM+7 ship with an engine room would have 4 control stations. We could see from The Empire Strikes Back that the Falcon could be repaired from the inside so a Spaceships design would probably devote space for an engine room.
davester65 is offline   Reply With Quote