View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #26
Merrick

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
I'm pretty sure that this goes back to the actual Explosive modifier here. The collateral damage for that attack would be 9d / (3 x distance in yards). So the targets within 10 yards take 9d if they don't dodge. Then targets at 10 yards take 3d, at 11 yards they take 2d, at 12 yards they take 1d, and so on. I'm sick, so that may be incorrect, but I'm pretty sure it's not. That said, Explosive 2+ is really better for small contained blasts that do smaller damage because they divide the collateral by a smaller amount.
No, No. Not what I meant. I think that you guys misunderstood. Area of Effect does a flat amount of damage to everyone in the area. Explosive damage tapers off from the point of impact.

Spell #1 uses 8 energy for damage (external and blatant) does 9d. If you add in 8 more energy for AoE, you can do 9d to everyone in a 10 yard radius.

Spell #2 uses 8 energy for explosive damage (external and blatant) does only 6d which tapers off to nothing after 3 yards.

Unless I am misreading something, combining a regular external and blatant attack with AoE, always results in more damage to more targets than using the RAW for explosive damage. I think that this one issue is a glitch in RPM.

Last edited by Merrick; 04-02-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote