View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
Trachmyr

Default Re: Please Critique this Last Minute Character!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Wow, that's pretty well done. Nice mix of optimization and flavor skills for realism.
Thanks!

Quote:
For a primary weapon, I think you should ease up on your recoil requirements, take just one shot per turn, and invest in either a high caliber hunting rifle or a shotgun. Shotgun has the edge in damage, rifle in range.
Here's my thought process:
While Rifle is the best for range, if I have that kinda of head-start, I'm bugging out rather than firing some shots... which in walking dead style, only serves to bring more zombies.

Shotguns can put on the hurt, and I'll have one (Standard 12ga Pump) for backup. The bonuses to hit with shotguns help absorb the Skull penalty, and she's likely to be hip shooting since that's how she learned as a child (The Pistol skill is new, she used Shotgun skill pre-zombies). But, they generally require two hands, and I like having the Shortsword as a backup.

My primary is pistol because if I have to fire, then it's probably at close range... and I have it set up to shoot while riding, so any zombie that gets in my way can be taken down to allow for an escape.

Quote:
I'd siphon some points away from unarmed skills for TA: Shortsword/Skull. If you're grappling with zombies, you're already dead.
Hmmm... Zombies in the Walking Dead series rarely (if ever) defend, so I was planning on ample use of Telegraphic Attacks to soak some of the Skull penalty... but you're right, a few points there would be useful.

As for the Wrestling skills, I have to think about it (and maybe do some mock fights)... the idea is that if I'm grappled, I do have a chance to get away and stop it from being bitten, even if taken to the ground. Flexibility, Wresting at DX+1 assist in break-free attempts as does Ground Guard. But perhaps you;re right that I won't be geeting enough bang for the buck, and it certainly won't hurt the character concept to tansition to a more pure Judo style (I expect Judo throws to be a life saver).
Trachmyr is offline   Reply With Quote