View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 11:03 PM   #9
hal

Default Re: Re-Opening the Gates of Cidri

I've still got some of the Kingdom Modules such as Forest Lords of Dihad and The Warrior Lords of Darok. My favorite solo module was Grail Quest. My favorite memories of roleplaying center around TFT and Advanced Wizard. I remember using gates in TFT that were such that my wizard character could build cities in the sky. Picture a chessboard with its white and black squares. Now imagine each Black and white square side by side were gates such that if you dropped a stone pillar into the black square, the pillar would come out in the adjacent white square. Now, imagine having a slew of such gates beneath the foundation of a flying city such that all the stone pillars going into the gates were the same length. Put a stone floor above those pillars and they would push on both ends of the same stone pillar at the same time - compacting them towards their center of column. Our wizard characters also built a perpetual falls where the water would enter one end of the gate, and exit at the top of the waterfall area. The water would fall and reenter at the bottom gate, repeating the process. Of course we had a waterwheel to translate the water falling into energy ;)

You know, after all this time, if someone were to get into contact with the original owner of Metagames, the price for TFT might be a touch more reasonable. Maybe.

https://www.worldanvil.com/w/scourge-of-shards-schpdx

Go to bottom of page to see lectures 1-11