Old 04-06-2018, 08:50 AM   #1
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Setting: Caverntown

A-way a-way down
Under the sun, underground
You'll find my hometown
— Master Bard Sivel
GURPS Dungeon Fantasy has a lot of "implied setting": the Frozen North, Forbidden East, and Steamy South border the King's realm, home to a host of guilds that control settlements where the Town Watch keeps the peace and everybody knows about Hell Gnomes, The Devil, Elder Things, and other menaces. Yet it's all extremely generic. When names are dropped (like the mysterious "Teclá" mentioned in GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 1, and the locales in GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Adventure 1: Mirror of the Fire Demon), they're left there for the GM to pick up.

GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Setting: Caverntown is the first of what we hope will become a series aimed at changing that. It details a town that can serve as a brief stopover between quests, the focus of an adventure or three, or even the heroes' home base. While it remains generic enough to fit into the majority of existing Dungeon Fantasy campaigns, it also names specific people, places, things, and events . . . and certainly, it's anything but typical! Did I mention that it's underground, sustained by magic, and at the heart of a huge dungeon complex?

But Caverntown has more to offer than just an interesting premise and a bunch of hard-to-pronounce fantasy names. It's the first supplement in the Dungeon Fantasy series to discuss how civilization survives and enforces its laws in the face of monsters – and delvers. To cover searching for, modifying, and ordering gear (including magic items). To offer costs for magical services such as healing and magic-item identification. To present rules for settling down and buying property.

A-well a-well a-welcome to Caverntown!

Store Link: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/SJG37-0343
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote