View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 09:36 PM   #4
naloth

Default Re: castling teleport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain-Captain
Teleport as a spell isn't a defense. See Blink.
We're using advantages, not spells. Warp even w/o blink can be used as a defense.

Quote:
Warp has a Blink enhancement. +25%.
That eliminates the -10 in exchange for sending you in a random direction. Warp already includes the ability to make a dodge 'port to where you want ot go at -10.

Quote:
Teleport Other/Blink Other are what you're using Affliction ((dis?)Advantage) Warp for. Apply the blink enhancement there as well.
That won't work for 2 reasons. First, you cannot normally use an affliction as a defense especially one that takes a concentrate manuever (malediction). Second, blink would be a random 'port where you are trying to 'port a specific target in the way.

Quote:
As for porting someone/something in the way... Snatcher.
A whole different set of problems, not the least of which you don't choose one specific target.

Example: 2 policemen are firing at Rook (my castling teleporter). Rook castles with one of the officiers as a defense placing the officer where he was and Rook where the officer was (if every roll is made). Officer is inserted into the line of fire presumably with a very good chance of getting hit. I'm costing this ability.

Example 2: Exo-port guy sees a thug with an SMG about to open fire. His dodge sucks so he instead teleports a nearby and pretty large barrier into the way. I would like to cost this ability as well.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote