View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 01:39 PM   #39
Tomsdad

Default Re: Modern Monster Hunting Guns [XM500, MICOR Leader 50, etc.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
That does sound pretty awesome. I don't see any obvious reason why that wouldn't work, ....
I guess the concept is proved in real life by the APDS slug that exists. I was just thinking shot guns are pretty low velocity, so it's not so much you couldn't physically make the thing in theory, just that as velocity is such an important component of it's effect the bonus wouldn't be quite so good as it is higher velocity weapons.

But I'm not basing that gut instinct on anything solid, and that gut instinct is most likely my inner GM's reaction to such a min/max munchkin round!

Higher velocity weapons are modelled by having higher basic penetration damage anyway and the bonus increases that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
...though obviously it would be a pretty pricey R&D job to actually build the things. Possible for a government-funded monster hunting bureau, but maybe a bit ambitious for a team of vigilante PCs, even if they were personally filthy rich.
That's true it's definitely a "Wayne manufacturing" kind of thing. DU is a pretty controlled substance, I wonder if there is an alternative high density material* that can be used (might not have the pyrophoric effect though)

Cheers

TD

*tungsten maybe?

Last edited by Tomsdad; 03-14-2016 at 01:47 PM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote