View Single Post
Old 07-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #4
GodBeastX

Default Re: High-Tech, Ultra-Tech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neomahakala108 View Post
interrested in buying High-Tech & Ultra-Tech as a source of ideas for Science ;)

Perhaps Psionics & Magics too as i am interrested in Parapsychology & Occult.

are they still available?

is it worth?

High-Tech offers working statistics and examples of late to modern technologies. There are extended rules and considerations of Basic Set rules, such as hiking/camping, more explosion rules, and more.

Ultra-Tech has some fluff and talk of science, goes into information on computers, robotics, future entertainment, vehicles, weapons, armor and such.

In general both books help you model statistics for your own ideas. Consider them "Here's how computers might work, here's how cars might work, here's how chain saws might work, here's how a food replicator might work" etcetera, but it won't give world examples.

Magic is pretty much an extension of the Basic Set magic information with more spells, more enchantments, a few mild variation rules, more alchemy rules, etc. Thaumatology will get you bigger bang for your buck if you are looking for "I want to create my own metaphysical magic system" but some things out of Thaumatology require magic book if you want to complete the set.

As for Psionics, I'm actually not familiar with a "Psionics" book. There is the Psionic Powers book which gives tons of working examples of taking the Powers book and creating very balanced power sets for psionics.

There's also a Psis book, but I havn't dug into that book much.

If you're looking for a book on modeling occult worlds and magical realms, Fantasy is about that. It's a "World Building" book, sort of like Space is for building planets and aliens.
GodBeastX is offline   Reply With Quote