View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 09:19 AM   #103
pawsplay

Default Re: How can an Ewok take out a Scout Trooper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
And you've been waiting for this for *checks original post* 11 years? My hat is off to your patience, sir.

I think the original responses covered most of the ground needed here, it all comes down to what stats you want the armor to have and how you want the Ewoks to have overcome it (ranging from useless cosmetic armor to the Ewoks using captured blasters). My personal inclination would be to have the armor actually be pretty decent, with the Ewoks having to rely on traps and dogpiling (followed by stabbing through the eye lenses). Of course, part of this would be strongly influenced by Jedi: Fallen Order (where higher-ranking storm-troopers have armor that can actually tank a hit or two from a lightsaber) and the like.
I view the Stormtroopers as having combination environ suit plus "flak vest" armor, essentially TL 9 armor with two TLs of improvement, whereas real tactical armor is used by mater bounty hunters, Storm Commandoes, etc. I've only recently regained access to my books so I'll be tinkering with this some more.

I pulled a lot of information from the Essential Guides, but with the new sequels and jettisoning of the EU, I can no longer consider those canonical until I upgrade my sources.
pawsplay is offline   Reply With Quote