View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 07:31 PM   #1
Maximum7

Default Why can’t these things be done in Star Wars?

1.) Why don’t they “terraform” desert planets like Tatooine and give it some water?

They don’t have to do a lot of work, they could just make a giant ocean in the center at least and have irrigation tributaries to distribute it to all the settlements. It seems silly that moisture farmers have to kill themselves to suck water out of the sky. Plus the Tuskens and Jawas would be happy. Creating water from scratch is possible. You just need a massive amount of energy to fuse hydrogen and oxygen. It’s currently not feasible here on Earth; but they can certainly do it in Star Wars?

2.) Why don’t they try and synthesize coaxium (hyperfuel)?

Coaxium fuel is very rare but it’s essential in order to make hyperspace jumps. Hyperspace travel is basically how the civilization thrives and you can’t always rely that planets will be like Kessel and have coaxium you can mine. It would be much easier to try and synthesize it. Have scientists tried? It shouldn’t be too hard. Their chemistry is pretty advanced.

3.) Why can’t ships just “stay still” in hyperspace?

I’m not sure about the rules of hyperspace- perhaps an object traveling in it must always be in motion or something, but it would make a lot more sense to hide a fleet in hyperspace until your coaxium fuel runs out.

4.) Why don’t we see more gene splicing?

I loved Batman Beyonds gene splicing animal DNA traits into humans. The Genetic engineering tech is very mature in Star Wars and I can see humans and many other beings wanting to augment their bodies with different genetic traits and abilities. Why is this not widespread? I can see it being looked down upon as “unnatural” and would produce “freaks” but I can’t believe that hasn’t happened.

Obviously this is a fictional universe and doesn’t have logic or rules, but approaching it from an in-universe point of view; what is the explanation?
Maximum7 is offline   Reply With Quote