View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 11:53 PM   #22
Bicorn

Default Re: New perks part 2 - combat perks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Leviathan View Post
Duelist (form) (Mental)
Even in a game where a duel is unlikely this is 20 points of Basic speed for the price of a perk.
Not really, it's only the initiative part of Basic Speed - no effect on movement or Dodge.

Quote:
Gun Jinx (Mental, Supernatural)
Personally how this works or what the non-mechanical impact is supposed to be is too confusing for me.
The idea is that you "curse" guns to work less reliably when used against you.

Quote:
Just a Little Stronger (Physical)
Again this feels strong. Maybe it doesn't work in Wrestling VS ST, only ST VS ST contests.
The intent was for it to only apply to straight-up ST vs. ST (and Slams), yes.

Quote:
Last Ditch (Physical)
This is a lot of +1s and functionally is a level of hard to kill for 1 pt to boot. Too much.
Hmm, as written it can be interpreted to applying to HT rolls too, I hadn't even considered that. Need to make it more specific perhaps.

Quote:
Last Stand (Physical)
Enhanced defenses is pretty expensive and it's not hard to end up in a fight with multiple opponents. I'd say way too much for a perk.
Someone suggested disallowing Retreating Defense when using the bonus, which would fit thematically.

Quote:
Melee Empathy (Mental)
This just seems very weird. How about you can gain a free empathy roll if you have the Empathy advantage when you evaluate and opponent?
It's meant to emulate the common anime trope of getting to understand your opponent through combat with them.

Quote:
Pull Together (Physical)
This isn't so horribly powerful but unless I was about to pass out I'd use this every time I was injured. How about you can only use it once per combat and only on the turn following an injury.
Limited uses per combat might be appropriate, yes.
Bicorn is offline   Reply With Quote