View Single Post
Old 09-28-2022, 09:25 AM   #1592
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is going to take his guards and make his way to deck 18 to meet up with Pacifica and Zybo.
Daymar makes it to deck 18.

Quote:

He tries to anticipate enemy tactics.
The enemy could try the following:
  • removing the air from compartments. This would rely on superior numbers.
  • Trying to start fires all over the ship.
  • Hiding in hydrogen compartments and popping out to hit targets with tools or hydrogen bricks*.
  • Rushing with fists, tools, and bricks in a mass
  • Blowing up the reactor, a nuclear warhead, or the fusion drive. Right now a compromised officer controls the fusion drive, and converted troops control the reactor and warheads.
*yes, that would cause a fire hazard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
After reporting her actions and the events that just happened, Pacifica agrees on a plan with the Dread Stormers; she moves towards deck 18, to catch up with Zybo and Daymar.

She has arrived. Zybo is worried that no life support people are in the area.

Quote:
Then she will unlock the doors that have been tampered with. Pacifica asks for two “clean” crewmen capable of handling drills with ease but also able of troubleshooting the doors. She believes that breaking the doors would be the last option and asks for someone with the right skills. *

The order on this is weird: you are behind the doors right now, but once you go to deck 18 you won't be. Getting someone who can open the locked doors... security has been trained in that, as well as some life support and some transportation.

Quote:
Once Daymar reprograms Zybo, Pacifica will try to broadcast a message throughout the ship, with the intention of cooling down the (possibly imminent) paranoia.
lets wait until after the reprogramming of Zybo. You'll need to get to a command center to do that. And will Pacifica or Zybo be speaking there? I'll also need the general wording of the message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK. I shall proceed with searching the decks to find any missing stragglers. I ask the security for a supply of zip tie cuffs so I can capture anyone I can. I'll keep hidden and search on my own while I leave the security to their own devices while carrying out the search. They should transport the captured transportation personnel before looking for stragglers.
Ok, this is mostly a mopping up operation... No rolls until something big happens. Hua catches a few prisoners. What will she do with them?

Quote:
We don't have anyone in the life support areas who can remove the air from compartments and decks, do we? Maybe we should pull Vibibu and ask who/what he would need to remove air like that.
A basic spacer roll will let you do that. Everyone on the ship is technically trained in it. You can only do it to compartments adjacent to the exterior or to another vented compartment.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote