View Single Post
Old 11-01-2021, 06:01 PM   #1
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default A Bestiary Approaches for Nordlond and the DFRPG

As of just a few moments ago, I submitted an initial Kickstarter page for review. I’m still a few weeks away from pushing “go,” but I’m actually inching up pretty close to having the first basic installment of the bestiary ready to look at layout.

The first version of this would be a 48-page softcover. Probably have about 60 creatures, including “for a giant X, increase ST to 22 and add Odious Personal Habit (Eats Delvers).” But the major creatures are all meant to have full stat blocks and art, like these from some of my other books. Format will be similar, graphic design will change. Not quite sure how yet.

The trick here is that each one is aimed at having some nice art. Ideally custom art. I need to look at that really hard, because some of these monsters are truly unique, others might be approximated reasonably well with high quality stock art from That Other Game. The fire-breathing Wyvern, for example, from Forest’s End is stock art.

In any case…hopefully Real Soon Now Kickstarter will approve the campaign format, which means I’ll have a box saying “Click here to be notified when the campaign launches.”

And I’d really appreciate it if you did.

https://gamingballistic.com/2021/11/...-and-the-dfrpg
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote