View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 10:25 AM   #375
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
What people have I met while working with the “extra hands”? Any officers here? Who’s the superior? I would like to do 3 things:
Officers won't be here, except in the occasional leadership role. Extra hands in under the direction of the motive section officer, who also happens to be Daymar's commanding officer (not that Daymar sees him much: Daymar spends all day walking around the ship).

The NCO commanding that shift of extra hands is Chorbo, from the laser maintenance section.

Quote:
Fetch the names of both the people that caused trouble in the ship and got “grounded” and the names of the “ambitious” people; they both could make great “converted”.
Done. If you need one in an area or time, let me know.

Quote:
Pick more shibboleths from the crew, stuff to make a foundation for future “interviews” in the ship. I am talking about coherent things (considering my fake Identity, cultural familiarity) to flavor a few stories, such as where I come from, where I’ve been, where I am going, etc.
Interesting... done. Looking through my notes on places crew are from:
Spoiler:  

Quote:
Find patterns among the ship and learn the modus operandi of places I don’t often visit (if I get to new places); for example, the habits of the people I work with, the habits of the security personnel, the shifts of other people.
Done. The entire ship has three shifts, which all rotate at the same time. Your shift is the "Main" one, or in other words, the one in which the captain and the leading officers are awake and working. The exception here is the morale and security section. It seems that they run their shifts offset three hours from everyone elses, and occasionally they break even that schedule.

(When the “fuss” is on, day 15, thinking)

Quote:
“...otherwise we wouldn’t be running this mission. The Black Kraken has got our back”. At lunch I will ask my “friends” how they feel about it, and if they’ve noticed anything unusual.
Nejora expresses a desire to decapitate the spies they've found in the ship. Jipo agrees that he has high hopes because of the black kraken. The rest of the group says Jipo and Pacifica are being superstitious, and urge her to keep her eyes open: they've haven't caught all of the dreadstormers yet, and even one dreadstormer could kill them all.

Quote:
OOC:I would like to know if there are rumors regarding the officers, for example, did they hurt Zibo's reputation?
The rumors are about the arrests today. Zybo's reputation is very much intact. He does show up in the rumors, but mostly as a cunning or heroic figure. When the dreadstormers from a great power show, up the other great power becomes more desirable and important. Even if it just so happens that his mother was a citizen.

Quote:

Here’s an acting roll for that day (chat with the colleagues):
Pacifica's acting:
3d6 <= 15
2 + 1 + 3 = 6 ... success
You don't need an acting roll for that, and it won't give you any better information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Hua decides to keep her head low for a little while, hoping neither the fake supplements were found nor the cooks decided to make bread (i.e. if there's a flour meal, I'll just eat it; I'm not sure whether I'm entirely above suspicion yet). Strange things to worry about, but such is the life of a Dreadstormer.
You've been moved to a different shift and mess: the fake supplements are in the kitchen across the hall. Though I suppose moving them would be a lot easier than it was to make them in the first place, if you want to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is convinced that he needs to shoot higher with his conversions - officers and security. He starts trying to come up with scenarios where he might get access to officers in particular. Something to discuss with the others when next they meet.

And you'd want skin contact, I believe? hmm. There is always your superior: you could try on him, though that would be on big open engineering floor, which you don't spend a terrible amount of time on.

On the day after the mess, at lunch, Daymar notices that they've replaced his cooks (the ones who don't use the suppressants) with new people.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote