View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 07:55 PM   #6
gmillerd

Default Re: [Basic] Disadvantage of the Week: Sadism

Not to normalize the IRL issue, but its pretty common in this world and in stories its crazy common; without looking at Stalin or over the top GoT characters, nor child abusers "no more hangers", and the like.

The joy in pin pointing woe upon others when they are most vulnerable. Forcing people to beg or compromise, further engorging them.

Supervisors at work with no lives and extreme power trips; piety time off games, scheduling people into work-life issues for no reason, "I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow. So if you could be here at around....9 that'd be great"

The workplace is full of people that love exploiting, holding others back, keeping people under their thumb, cultivating sycophants in middle management to dance for scraps, etc.

The love of manufacturing a web to ensnare people, counting and documented, holding things over people, playing people off each other, making people dance, ugh.

Co-workers with frequent opportunistic amnesia, messages left unforwarded, baiting phrases in peer assessments, etc.