View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 08:05 PM   #3
whswhs

Default Re: Voting on upcoming campaigns

My votes work out differently, because I normally have enough players for at least two campaigns. So I use their preferences to sort them out into groups. A campaign that one player rejects outright may still be appealing to a sufficient number of other players. The trick is to make sure that no player rejects both (all) of the campaigns I end up with.

That has a couple of advantages. It lets me work with a bigger player population, and it lets me mix and match players, so each cycle has groups with different chemistry, even if it's the same player population (which in fact hardly ever happens; in my current cycle, for example, I have one new player from the San Diego group, out of nine—though her husband has played in a few of my previous campaigns). An occasional third advantage is that I can bring in a guest star from one campaign to play an important NPC in another campaign.

On the other hand, it means that I either have to space my games out (which in fact I do, with each campaign on a once a month cycle) or run two games a week with different groups.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote