View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 11:16 AM   #1
RyanW

Default Voting on upcoming campaigns

Just to get a feel of interest levels, I gave a list of campaign ideas I'd be interested in running (pretty much just genres, not any kind of synopsis at this point) to my players and asked for their input. The way I did it was to ask for a check (or x) by any they were (or weren't) particularly interested in, doubled if they felt strongly. No ranking or limited number of points to give.

If there wasn't one that had universal support, I'd speak with the holdouts of the closest ones to see if there was an option that would address their concerns. Fortunately, I had two options that everyone was positive on, so we discussed those a bit to settle on just one (in our case, cyberpunk).

NB: We are a small group of close friends that can only reliably get together maybe three days a month. I pretty much considered a double x to be a veto, because cutting someone out of game night would be unacceptable. If I was running the same straw poll off a bulletin board in a game store backroom, I'd be judging very differently.