View Single Post
Old 05-10-2021, 04:12 PM   #7
swordtart

Default Re: 43's Truck Stop: When Designs Go South...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
Another example: _Challenger_ from _Combat Showcase_ -- when the (unfortunately-necessary) change to Component Armor rules was made, the design became illegal, as it had CA around the six spaces of RLs Forward.
That is legal in 2.5 as linked sets of identical weapons can be component armoured together.

I just can't get the cost or weight to match. Did the HD transmission have different rules at any point?

EDIT:
By my calculations the design is 40lb and $100 off the published numbers. The weight isn't really a legality issue as the design is already 25lb under the max. The $100 is an issue for a Div 15 vehicle. Take off the drivers component armour and the design matches the published numbers exactly (and is div 15 legal again).

43: perhaps you mis-remembered which CA was illegal?

A less intrusive way to make it simply legal (ignoring the actual numbers given) is to remove 3 rounds of RL ammo.

RE-EDIT
Duh! you mean the fact that CA now counts against the 1/3 rule. Gotcha. Was that rule in place at the time or is the design only retrospectively illegal in that regard (not withstanding the fact the calculations were wrong to start with).

Since it only protects from damage to the front (or I suppose the rear once the car is gutted) you would be better with 10 points of plastic front armour instead. It costs $20 per point vs the $30 for the CA and weighs 10lb per point vs 12lb for the CA. That leaves you 45lb and 1 space spare. Whilst you can't use this in Division 15 it does mean you have space for your trophy on the drive home (maybe in a bulk ammo box in the boot as a damage sink).

Last edited by swordtart; 05-11-2021 at 02:06 AM.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote