View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 12:13 PM   #7
Plane

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week: Healing

Something came to mind: I think I've seen certain Innate Attack limitations applied to healing like Contact Agent or Blood Agent (but not Melee since Melee is how it works by default)

Would it then make sense to allow "Requires Grapple" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
You could do that in 3e Psionics. It was a -30% iirc.
Is that on top of the +50% you pay to be able to heal yourself, or including it?

If it includes it (like "Insubstantial Only") then that actually sounds like -80% bringing 50 down to -30

I guess we should also keep in mind that aside from whatever discounts this provides that stuff like "Contact Agent" is a LOT less limiting when affecting oneself.

If you had that, then you should have to touch an uncoverd part of yourself I guess?

Wheres with Touch-Based Reversed you'd need to remove your glove even to heal yourself...

and then there's some bit about both kinds combining (ungloved hand, exposed skin on target) which I think is -30 instead of the -20 for one extreme of either

Diminishing returns, kind of like how the discount you get for "only 25% of population" isn't as much as double the discount you get for "only 50% of population" accessibility.

Last edited by Plane; 12-04-2020 at 12:17 PM.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote