View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 03:20 PM   #3
Alex1976

Default Re: Psionics Build - Using "Based off Attribute" Modifier

Quote:
Does this operate differently than http://www.sjgames.com/gameaids/gurps/g4innatecalc.html does?
I'm not sure, I've never seen that. It seems like a cool tool. I'm using GCA to build the ability.

Quote:
It seems to lack an "Own Roll" variant of "Based on" to float it from Will to a skill.
The portion, "Based on Boil Blood (pyrokinesis, Pyrokinesis (pyrokinesis-8 (own Roll), 0%;" covers the shift to a skill contest instead of a Attribute contest for the Player (not target).

Quote:
Probably because Innate Attack doesn't usually have an 'own roll' unless you add Malediction to it.
I believe that is what's messing it up but it has Malediction (Uses Speed/Range Table) +150% on it to make it a contested roll instead of an attack roll.

Quote:
Plus ob you'd need to know not to check 'no knockback' on stuff like fatigue effect
I'm not really concerned with details like that for now but want to figure out what I'm doing wrong in GCA so I can get the core calculation correct. But yes, I plan on adding stuff like that after I got the primary enhancements and limitations.
Alex (MIB #9454)

Obsidian Portal Profile GURPS Scanners, Shadowrun, Overworld, & Dark Fantasy
Alex1976 is offline   Reply With Quote